Use Your Digital Book to Generate Referrals from Your Sphere
If you’ve been in the real estate business for a number of years, you’ve likely heard the phrase “sphere of influence.” This refers to all the people you know, both personally and professionally.
Your network, or sphere, includes not only personal friends and family members but also people you know through organizations, through your kids or spouse, and just from being “out and about” in the community. I guarantee that once you start brainstorming, you’ll realize just how many people you do know.
So, what’s the big deal about having a large roster of acquaintances? I’ll tell you — these folks are the key to growing your business. Keeping in touch with your sphere means you’ll be the real estate agent they think of first when someone in their own sphere is buying or selling — and you’ll grow your business.
Your Sphere of Influence — Who’s in it, and Why Does it Matter?
The truth is, a lot of people don’t know how large their sphere of influence actually is until they sit down and start thinking about everyone in it. That’s why we’ve put together this handy list to help you brainstorm.
- Family members, both immediate and extended
- Your spouse’s family members
- Personal friends
- Your spouse’s personal friends
- Your kids’ friends’ parents
- Your family’s friends
- Colleagues you previously worked with
- Colleagues you currently work with
- Former clients
- Your spouse’s colleagues
- People who attend your place of worship
- Your neighbors
- People who go to your gym
- Members of clubs you belong to, such as PTA, book club, Rotary, volunteer groups, etc.
- Professional relationships such as your accountant, car mechanic, dry cleaner, landscaper, hairdresser, day care provider, dog groomer, and mail carrier
Keep in mind, your sphere is constantly growing. Every time you meet a new seller or buyer, your sphere grows. Every time you approve a spend-the-night party for your child and meet the other child’s parents, it grows. Every time you shake hands with your elderly mother’s caregiver, it grows!
Use Your Digital Book
It's easy to generate referrals with your digital book. Simply reach out to people in your sphere via text or email and say something like this:
“Hey, I just created this new book. I would love for you to check it out. Do you know anyone who is looking to sell or thinking of selling that may benefit from receiving a free copy?”
That's all you need to say. A simple text or email message can go a long way, especially if you keep it casual and not pushy. We’ve also created a full course for our members to help you unlock listing opportunities with people in your sphere and stay in touch over a period of time.
This campaign consists of an entire year’s worth of emails that you can schedule and send out each month to keep up a steady flow of referral business. Check it out here.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- How to get your sphere to happily spread the news about you and your book
- How to easily win listings competing agents don't know about
- How to do all of this with an automated process
Include your digital book link on any emails you send — whether you use the ones we’ve prewritten or prefer to write your own — or link to a picture of your book cover in your email signature. You can find out how to do that in this blog.
Staying in touch consistently reminds people that you're still in business and that you're there to serve them or anyone they know however you can.